*Joint Forum seeks meeting with Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister for Communications.*
In the meeting of the Joint Forum of Non-Executive Unions and Associations of BSNL, held on 07-02-2023, it was decided to seek a meeting with Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister for Communications, to discuss the Wage Revision issue. Accordingly the Joint Forum has written a letter to the Hon’ble Minister for Communications today. The following are highlighted in the letter.
(1) BSNL employees are being denied Wage Revision on the plea that, the Company does not meet the criteria laid down by the 3rd PRC, regarding affordability.
(2) At the same time, the DoT has written letter to the CMD BSNL on 27th April, 2018, directing to sign the Wage Revision agreement and send the same for it’s approval.
(3) In the meeting held with the AUAB and BSNL Management on 03.12.2018, Shri Manoj Sinha, the then Hon’ble Minister of State for Communications, has given direction that, the issue of Wage Revision should accorded priority for taking an expeditious decision.
(4) In BSNL, all the officers who are working on deputation from the DoT have got their pay revision and revision of all the allowances as per the recommendations of the 7th CPC. Whereas, the employees working under them have not got their Wage Revision.
(5) Out of the 30,000 Non-Executives of BSNL, 10,000 Non-Executives are suffering due to stagnation. Hence, Wage Revision should be settled immediately.