*Highlights of the meeting held between CMD BSNL and the unions and associations on 28.02.2023.*
The CMD BSNL met all the unions and associations yesterday to brief on the developmental activities, as well as merger of MTNL with BSNL. The following are the main points.
BSNL Board has approved Rs.24,556.37 crore as the price for purchasing 1 lakh 4G BTSs, which includes AMC for 9 years. All these BTSs are 5G compatible. This has gone for the approval of the government. *It will take another 18 months for BSNL to launch it’s 4G service.*
*Merger of MTNL with BSNL.*
* Government has formed a Committee of Secretaries to recommend on this issue.
* MTNL is listed in share market.
* BSNL does not want to take over MTNL’s assets and liabilities.
* It wants to take over only the telecom equipments and the land and buildings which are necessary to run the service.
* MTNL is having 1,202 Non-Executives and 2,306 Executives. After merger, BSNL pay scales will be made applicable to them.
* Unions and associations may give their views in writing, so that they will be taken up with the Group of Secretaries.